Fourth day of fast: Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
MODEL PRAYER TO RECEIVE WHAT WE ASK.
Matthew 6: 9-15 (NIV)
This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.” 14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
To know that through prayer, we can break every fear that does not allow us to freely approach our Heavenly Father.
Everything I ask the father, he can give it to me, but I have to learn to ask for forgiveness as well as to forgive those who have offended me. And this time has been designed to offer God a heart that is pure and free of offenses; this is a time for the hearts to be healed in order to enjoy the three paternities that God has given us.
- Anointing is accomplished through prayer.
- The habit of intimate prayer brings us closer to the heart of God.
- Prayer is a dialogue with the Lord.
- Prayer leads us to know the Lord more.
- Prayer imparts an anointing to your life.
- The word of God says that He does not reject a heart that is contrite and humble.
- It also teaches us that we can freely enter into the presence of the Father.
The Lord’s Prayer is the model for us to approach Him.
1) To come closer having the certainty that we are His children and He is our father.
To examine our hearts to make sure there are no conflicts about our paternity.
Many people find it difficult to approach God as a father because they were orphaned children, or did not know their father, or were rejected, or because the father died when they needed a father.
Meditate for a moment. How has your relationship with your biological father been? We cannot approach God as a father, if we have a broken soul, if we have resentment towards our biological father.
Many lose the blessing of the heavenly father, because there are fractures and the blessing is diluted therein.
God has provided us with: spiritual fatherhood, biological fatherhood, ministerial fatherhood.
2) Recognize that He is Holy. Hallowed be thy name.
3) Ask that his kingdom be established in our hearts.
4) Declare that HIS will is done on earth as it is in heaven.
5) We can approach him with faith to ask for the natural bread, but also to ask for
the spiritual bread, which sustains us, we must always long for it. "Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."
6) Be certain that if we ask God to forgive us our sins or offenses, we are forgiven,
but because we have also decided to forgive those who have offended us. If we do not forgive, we remain spiritually bound to the person we do not want to forgive.
7) Do not let us fall into temptation and deliver us from evil.
We are always tempted, that is why the Lord’s prayer is a guide, to be able to approach the father, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, we can stand firm.
He who thinks he is firm, see that he does not fall.
There is a mutual responsibility in the Lord’s prayer. Today more than eve, we need to have a prayer lifestyle. It is when you are in prayer that the Lord ministers his holy anointing to you.
Published on Tuesday, August 4, 2020 @ 4:34 AM CDT