Day 7: April 11
“The Power of the Blood”
Galatians 4:4-5 (NKJV)
4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
Let’s enter the presence of the Lord with thanksgiving. With a broken heart, let’s intercede and plead on our knees. We believe the blood of Christ is mighty to save and heal humanity - through forgiveness. We believe God is working in the midst of this situation.
God's purpose in sending his Son Jesus Christ was to rescue us from slavery. For those who were in bondage to sin, His purpose was to redeem and convert us into children of God.
God makes us His children through Chris and He confirms it through the Holy Spirit. “Abba” is an Aramaic diminutive word to express affection for the father.
Ephesians 1:7 (NKJV)
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
What does redemption mean? Redemption is a ransom payment. He redeemed us.
Ephesians 2:13 (NKJV)
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
Only through Christ does God offer forgiveness. Forgiveness is possible because He loved and gave Himself for the church.
Ephesians 5:26-27 (NKJV)
26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.
John 1:12 (NKJV)
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
The atoning death of Jesus Christ is the source of all grace. The price for His precious redeeming blood was the cross.
Romans 3:23-25 (NKJV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
Faith in His blood not only frees us from God’s wrath but infuses us with divine life. Faith in His blood gives us strength to triumph over sin. It is the means for a victorious life. Christ’s blood reconciles us with Him.
What does justification mean? To be justified means to be declared righteous by His grace. It’s receiving forgiveness even though we don’t deserve it. As sinners we deserved death. Redemption, through Christ, makes us righteous so we can present ourselves before God. Now we have the righteousness by faith in His Son.
Jesus Christ paid the ransom with His own blood. Peter tells us in -
1 Peter 1:18-20 (NKJV)
18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you
Titus 2:14 (NKJV)
who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
Jesus gave His life for us; He bought us with blood. His blood cleanses us of all iniquity. It purifies us so we can be His people; He is a jealous God.
Galatians 1:4 (NKJV)
who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
1 John 1:7 (NKJV)
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
His blood cleanses us. Christ’s blood is inoperative if we don’t have communion with our brethren.
Revelation 12:11 (NKJV)
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
His blood is our weapon. The blood of the lamb allows God’s people to prevail. For, it responds to all of the enemy’s accusations.
The blood of the lamb provides us with:
- Protection. Exodus 12:7 (NKJV)And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it. Exodus 12:22 (NKJV) And you shall take a bunch of hyssop, dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and strike the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood that is in the basin. And none of you shall go out of the door of his house until morning.
- Path to the Father.Hebrews 10:19-22(NKJV)19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
- Presence of the Holy Spirit.1 John 5:6-8 (NKJV)6 This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
- Through His blood we have the benefit of being His children. 1 John 1:7 (NKJV)But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
- We are able to enter into covenant through His blood. Luke 22:20 (NKJV)Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.
- The blood that Jesus shed from his head (crown of thorns) was for the Son of God to have victory over your thoughts. Romans 12:2 (NKJV)And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
- The blood that was shed from his side was to guard our heart; His blood gives us life. John 19:34 (NKJV)But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. Proverbs 4:23 (NKJV)Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.
- The blood that was shed from his hands and feet was to change our attitudes and so we can fulfill the great commission. Matthew 28:18-20 (NKJV)18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
- The blood that was shed from his feet. Matthew 28:9 (NKJV)And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, “Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.
- The blood that was shed from his back - he received thirty-nine lashes so we can receive healing from any worldly disease.Isaiah 53:4 (NKJV) Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted,
Blessed Father, thank you very much for your sacrifice and rescuing us. Thank you because you rescued me from slavery. Thank you because your blood has power to protect me from death. Thank you because your blood cleanses me from all sin.
Published on Saturday, April 11, 2020 @ 2:25 AM CDT